Dr Season YeungMBBS, MMedSci, FRANZCO
Dr Season Yeung is a consultant ophthalmologist and ophthalmic surgeon in Sydney. Dr Yeung graduated in medicine and surgery from the University of Western Australia. Moreover, he was awarded with a Master degree in corneal immunology at the same institution. After completing his ophthalmology training under the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO), Dr Yeung undertook a cornea, external diseases, anterior segment and refractive surgery fellowship at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute in Canada, where he had the privilege of collaborating with many world-renowned ophthalmologists in North America.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (UWA)
- Master of Medical Science (UWA)
- Dux of Duncraig Senior High School (WA)
- Prize viva candidate in Clinical Microbiology and Laboratory Medicine 330 (Basic and Clinical Immunology) (UWA)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
- Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Ontario (CPSO)
- 2016 – Current Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- 2015 – Current Member of Cornea and Contact Lens Society of Australia
- 2015 – Current Member of Asia Cornea Society
- 2015 – Current Chair of Membership Committee of Australia Chinese Medical Association (NSW)
- 2013 – Current Member of Cornea Society
- 2013 – Current Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- 2009 – Current Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- 2009 – Current Member of International Society of Refractive Surgery
Current Hospital Appointments
- Visiting Medical Officer (Ophthalmology)
Sydney Hospital/Sydney Eye Hospital
- Staff Specialist (Ophthalmology)
- Visiting Ophthalmologist
Epping Surgery Centre
Lakeview Private Hospital
NSW Eye Centre (Sydney Private Hospital)
Nepean Private Hospital
Warners Bay Private Hospital
Areas of Interest in Ophthalmology
- Cataract Surgery including Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Sutureless Pterygium Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation – Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK, DMEK), Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK) and Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Dry Eyes and External Eye Diseases
- Keratoconus and Corneal Collagen Crosslinking
- Laser Vision Corrections (LASIK, PRK, SMILE)
- Microinvasive Glaucoma Surgery (iStent)
- Intravitreal injection therapy for macular and retinal diseases
Current Academic Appointments
- RANZCO Vocational Registrar Term Supervisor
Communication Workshops for Junior Medical Officers
University of Sydney Clinical School
- Ophthalmic Science Examiner
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Yan P, Kapasi M, Conlon R, Teichman J, Yeung S, Yang Y, Ziai, S, Baig K. Patient comfort and visual outcomes of miniscleral contact lenses. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology 2017; 52(1):69-73.
- Ghaddar H, Teja S, Conlon R, Teichman J, Yeung S, Baig K. Ocular surface reconstruction with human amniotic membrane-symblepharon ring complex. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology 2016; 51(4):129-131.
- Menant-Tay L, Conlon R, Teja S, Yeung S, Teichman J, Ziai S, Baig K. Dual-purpose donor corneal tissue for both deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty and Descement’s membrane endothelial keratoplasty.* Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology* 2016; 51(6):408-411.
- Boucher S, Conlon R, Teja S, Teichman J, Yeung S, Ziai S, Baig K. Fibrin glue versus autologous blood for conjunctival autograft fixation in pterygium surgery. *Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology *2015; 50(4):269-272.
- Brissette A, Conlon R, Teichman J, Yeung S, Teja S, Ziai S, Baig K. Evaluation of a new technique for the preparation of endothelial grafts for Descemet’s membrane endothelial keratoplasty. Cornea *2015;34(5):557-559.*
- Conlon R, Teichman J, Yeung S, Ziai S, Baig K. Corneal collagen crosslinking combined with a new lamellar artificial cornea in a patient with advanced keratoconus. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Online Case Reports *2015;3(2):29-31.*
- McMenamin PG, Yeung S, Camelo S. Distribution of antigen-presenting cells in the eye. *Antigen-Presenting Cells and the Eye *2007; Informa Healthcare USA, Inc:45-70.
- Chinnery H, Kezic J, Yeung S, McMenamin PG. Band-like opacity in the corneas of abattoir-acquired pig eyes. Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology 2005;33:668.
Dr Yeung is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Level 4, 12 Railway Parade
Burwood, NSW 2134
46 Castlereagh St
Penrith, NSW 2750
46/44 Oxford St
Epping, NSW 2121
17-19 Solent Circuit
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153
The NSW Eye Centre
63 Victoria St
Ashfield, NSW 2131
1-9 Barber Ave
1-9 Barber Ave
42 Fairfax Rd
Warners Bay, NSW 2282